Monday, October 12, 2009

Uncool Fatties?

A: Happy Monday, everyone.

H: If I could summarize how I feel about this day in one word, I would quote your current Facebook status: "bleeehhhhhhhhhhh."

A: Word. After this weekend, I'm feeling pretty apathetic about this whole going-to-school-thing. I'm ready for Thanksgiving break.

H: I'm ready for Thanksgiving break, but not necessarily Thanksgiving dinner. Considering we may or may not have consumed an average of 80,000 calories per meal this weekend.

A: Not to mention it was all fried. And then we sat around and watched movies and tv shows because of our food coma.

H: I think you should give our audience at home some context.
A: Hannah, Emily-Friend and I attended the second-largest festival in the U.S. (after Mardi Gras.) It's in Evansville, Indiana and famous for its mile stretch of food booths. We probably ate something from every booth. Including the corn-soaked-in-butter-until-you-order-it booth.


H: Favorite item: I'm going to go with my usual fave, sweet potato fries. Sweet potatoes in any form are amazing. Although the aforementioned corn wasn't bad either.

A: Favorite item: Fried cookie dough sundae. Heart attack in a bowl topped with whipped cream, ice cream, and chocolate syrup, baby. It was probably the best night ever, especially since I topped it off with fried macaroni and cheese!
H: Wow, just reading over those last two paragraphs ... it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

A: For my stomach.

H: And my wallet.

A: And that was just on Friday night! Saturday we went back for lunch, and, due to our second food coma in 24 hours, we spent the rest of the day on the couch.

H: Actually, "best of times, worst of times" kind of summarizes that whole weekend. Equilibrium, really?

A: Slightly reminiscent of The Matrix, Equilibrium involves Christian Bale in a world where emotion has been eliminated!!! Basically another 1984 type place where, by taking a shot every day, no one feels anything. Therefore there are no reasons for war, and only times of peace. Except the whole movie is about these peace-people killing people who own art.

H: Yeah, I'm going to add very reminiscent of the Matrix, except Christian Bale > Keanu Reeves. I'm also going to add that I thought it was a pretty lame movie. Although maybe I fell asleep during all the meaningful parts.

A: Like when Christian Bale kills 10 men because he wants to save a puppy?

H: Nope, I was awake for that.

A: Then ... when he breaks down and cries when he hears classical music for the first time?There's nothing more attractive then when a really manly man cries over classical music. Heart!

H: On that note, I'm proud to have introduced you to—

A: —the greatest thing since Elijah Wood when I was thirteen!!!!!

H: One of the many Adrienne quotes from the weekend, referring to some random guy: "I love him! No, wait. I use that word too freely. I love Horatio. I like everyone else." At 2 a.m. we watched the 90s BBC Horatio Hornblower series. Lots of ships, lots of blood, lots of flowy sleeves.
A: Speaking of ships, Horatio is played by dreamboat Ioan Griffudd, pronounced "Yo-ahn Griffeth." BBC always seems to discover these unknown actors that act as good as they look. Um ... I mean ... act as well ... Grammar. Blah.

H: Ah, BBC. You've given us so much. The 6-hour Pride and Prejudice marathons. Ten thousand versions of Sherlock Holmes to choose from. All the oddball comedies that we try really hard to like but don't really because we're not British enough...

A: Oh man, I love those comedies! I never get half of what they say.

H: Yeah, I remember trying to watch the British version of The Office. I swear, I wanted so badly to like it, but I couldn't get past the accents. I just wanted to be that person that says, "Yeah, I watch The Office ... oh, wait, sorry, I meant the original Office." All pretentious-like. But oh well.

A: I'm too Indie for both of The Office shows (this is where I hit that sarcasm button). I was referring to comedies like Death at a Funeral. I had to drive an hour to the Indie Art Theater for that one.

H: Wow, pretentious AND hypocritical. Like two hours ago you were recapping Vampire Diaries for me.

A: Hey, you asked what our guilty pleasures were. WRAPPING UP, Hannah wishes she was cool, and so do I.

H: And you don't have to read much of this blog to see how very far we are from our goal.

A: Well ... that's all ...

0 comments: